Art Update!
It has been quite a while since I posted any of my beautiful little girl's art work on this site. I have a plethora of different projects Julia has created. I thought I would start with a look at some of her most recent work before Miss Julia starts having her Kindergarten projects arrive home. Do not fret, however, for I shall be posting other of her "older" art works as well in the future. I shall identify the older works as "Retro Art" by Julia.
Below you will see a bucolic scene that Little Julia was inspired to draw showing a field of purple flowers. To me, her effort is reminiscent of Lizzie Forrester and her country scenes:

This next image is one of my favorites. This happy little rock is one that Julia recently created to express her joy about a trip we took where she found the rock. Her work reminded me greatly of some of the rock art seen in the archaeological digs in the California State Parkssystem:

Here we have a mixed-media piece that is of yours truly. In my way of thinking, her effort appears somewhat akin to the mixed-media pieces by Jim Escalante at the University of Wisconsin - Madison:

Next, we can see a very lovely butterfly piece created by Julia that she is proud to show:

The next three images all depict variations on the theme of flowers. Flowers have been an especially favorite artistic inspiration for Julia this past Summer:



To conclude today's pieces, we see that people (especially friends) have been common themes as well as the next two images portray:


Art is very important to Julia. Hardly a day goes buy when she does not produce at least one or two pieces of art. In the next series, I will focus (pun intended) on displaying some of Julia's new efforts in photography.
Julia's Dad

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home